Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School is a 1988 TV-movie produced for syndication by Hanna-Barbera Productions and distributed by Great American Broadcasting, as part of the Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 package. Based upon the popular 1979 Hanna-Barbera series Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, the film features Scooby-Doo, Shaggy and Scrappy-Doo becoming gym teachers at a school for daughters of famous monsters.
Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy Doo are on their way to a Miss Grimwood's Finishing School for Girls, where they have been hired as gym teachers. Once there, however, they find that it is actually a school for girl ghouls. The pupils include Sibella, the daughter of Count Dracula; Elsa Frankenteen, the daughter of Frankensteen Senior, plus she's a teen girl; Winnie, the daughter of a Papa werewolf; Phantasma (usually called Phanty for short), the daughter of the Phantom Father; and Tanis (which is a parody of an Egyptian city), Mummy Daddy's daughter. Other residents of the school are Miss Grimwood, the headmistress, and her pet dragon Matches (who dislikes Scooby at first, but later becomes friends, and has a strong liking for Scrappy). She has a Hand in a white glove, a purple octopus butler and sharks in the moat around the school.
Gym class soon starts, with the intent to train the girls for their upcoming volleyball match against the boys of the neighboring Calloway Military Academy (who have always beaten them). As an additional plot twist, Revolta, the self-styled Witch of the Web, plans to kidnap the girls and make them her slaves in order to control their parents, who had previously warned Shaggy and Scooby not to let any harm come to their girls. Despite being well-liked by all their students, Shaggy and Scooby run away when monsters such as the Creature from the Black Lagoon and Godzilla enroll their daughters at the school the following year.
- Don Messick as Scooby and Scrappy Doo
- Casey Kasem as Shaggy Rogers
- Glynis Johns as Miss Grimwood
- Ruta Lee as Revolta
- Susan Blu as Sibella Dracula
- Patty Maloney as Tanis the Mummy
- Russi Taylor as Phantasma the Phantom
- Pat Musick as Elsa Frankensteen
- Marilyn Schreffler as Winnie the Werewolf
- Ronnie Schell as Colonel Calloway
- Aaron Lohr as Miguel
- Scott Menville as Tug Roper
- Rene Auberjonois as Baxter
- Bumper Robinson as Jamaal Williams
- Jeff Cohen as Grunt
- Frank Welker as Matches
- This is the one Scooby-Doo project of the 80's where Shaggy is wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. In Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase, Cyber Shaggy wears this outfit.